Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Rain Rain

Was having lunch at a coffee shop opposite a particular Secondary School in Ang Mo Kio. It's one of the few coffee shops that actually have zi char during the day. Love their baby kailan with fish fillet. It can be a little oily though.. but well, it's still a pretty healthy dish if less oil.

I have always enjoyed lunching at this place. Apart from the food, it's always a great joy to see groups of secondary school children having a meal together. I still remember this particular scene whereby a group of 8 students forked out 50 cents each to treat a junior who couldn't afford his lunch. It was defintely heart warming. Or watching teachers reward their students with a meal or two.

But somehow this impression changed.

As the title suggests, yes, it was raining. I won't call it a downpour, however, you wouldn't want to be standing in the rain at this point of time. I wasn't moving my butt, afterall, I don't have an umbrella.

I moved my attention to this particular table. There were some 5-6 adults sitting there. A pretty common sight during lunch hour anywhere, let alone some 30 metres from a school gate. One of them , an Indian lady beckoned a young boy over.

" Could you please go to the office and fetch some umbrellas over?"

Nodding obediently, the boy ran back to school with another friend. After some 3-5 minutes or so, he reappeared, all drenched. Every single inch of his white school shirt was wet. I couldn't see if his shorts were wet too. He handed over the umbrellas to this lady and left.

I looked at the skies, yes it was still raining. I 'm not too sure where these two boys dissappeared to.

I waited till the rain subsided and left. However, before I left, I glanced over to the table. I still see them sitting there, chatting away, with the umbrellas neatly stacked on a chair.

Moulding the future of our nation? Sounds more like exploitation to me.

5 Comments:

At April 19, 2005 10:06 AM, Blogger Rai said...

Hmmm... let's see them try the same stunt at chestnut drive sec sch... heh heh

 
At April 19, 2005 10:06 AM, Blogger Rai said...

Hmmm... let's see them try the same stunt at chestnut drive sec sch... heh heh

 
At April 19, 2005 2:27 PM, Blogger Antichrist said...

Rai: What's with chestnut drive sec sch?

 
At April 19, 2005 3:23 PM, Blogger Rai said...

eh? never heard of them is it... they need regular police patrols around the sch... cos anyway someone will get arrested every now and then... might as well on the way =) think if you ask students to fetch you an umbrella there they'll ask you go fuck spider lol...

 
At April 19, 2005 4:17 PM, Blogger Antichrist said...

Well in this case the SKLK teacher deserve to be told to go fuck spider. Buloody hell...sit there talk cock for so long then still must make the kid wet. Bitch.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home